Monday 27 June 2005

New project & a bargain - what a great day!

Well I have started a half-sleeved bolero cardigan for myself as promised. I'm using my stash (note the halo!) of Rowan Linen Print in Peachy with a modified pattern from my Knitware Sweaters program and it's looking good so far:

I love quick projects!

I did start the right front last night but unpicked it to change the edge shaping to look more like the lovely little bolero from the summer Vogue Knitting mag.

Today was bargain day! I picked up a couple of balls of yarn as an extra gift for my Secret Pal's birthday, and couldn't resist this lonely little ball of Rowan Classic Cashsoft 4-ply for a scarf for me - well it cost just £1.97!

One yummy scarf-to-be

It's soooo soft!

I also picked up this:

A natty little device

It's an inexpensive little plastic pompom-maker, and the inner rings pop out to make smaller pompoms if required. Saves me cutting out cardboard rings all the time; my girls love pompoms!

I'm off to restart that bolero front - back soon with more progress pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have those pompom makers, and I had to go online to see how to use them!

Love your top from the w/end, btw, and I can see you're now speeding through a bolero! These boleros and summer tops are great for speed aren't they?!

Dawn

Julie said...

How do you get these projects worked up so quickly. You amaze me.