Saturday 29 October 2005

1st Xmas pressie done!

The Felted Lopi Bag is a success! Wohoo! That's the 1st Xmas pressie in the bag - or rather it is a bag.
I kinda made up my own pattern based on a combination of the
Booga Bag and the Fulled Lopi Tote patterns. I used a 7mm circular as that's all I had of that was the right length, and some of my stash (careful of the halo glare!) of Lopi that has sat in my garage for months.
Here it is pre-felted, with the latest couple of Sandra magazines as a size gauge:

And here it is after felting in the washing machine last night:Much smaller as you can see, and a lovely fluffy sturdy fabric, perfect for all manner of uses. Here's a close-up:

Yum! I'm tempted to keep this for myself, but I can make another as I still have enough Lopi left. Fab! I'm a happy bunny. :-)

5 comments:

KnitYoga said...

I adore that bag! I love the way it has felted and the effect of the colour changes in it. A present, too! I'd definitely have to make another to keep!

Anonymous said...

It looks excellent Steph and I especially like the way you show how much it shrinks with the Sandra Mag (it took me a while to work it out but very effective!)

Anonymous said...

I love this bag Steph! I think I will have a go myself one day at felting, the results looks so good... Bravo!

Unknown said...

The bag looks great Steph! I wouldn't want to give it away. I also see you got your sidebar problem sorted and it's back at the top again.

Alison said...

Yummy bag! The colours remind me of those biscuit-cake bars you can get in posh sandwich shops... Maybe it's just me. So as a UK knitter, do you have a front-loading machine, or one of the top-loaders so beloved in the USA? I ask cos it looks *wonderfully* felted, and I hear top-loaders are better at that...