Tuesday 25 October 2005

A New Love

I bought this side-zip skirt recently from Debenhams; it's a lovely shape in chocolate brown suedette with a stranded belt finished off with gorgeous teal and dark brown beads and a large teal clasp. I don't have any teal coloured tops so I had a browse around to find some yarn to knit something. Well a girl has to be co-ordinated!

I finally found the Debbie Bliss Cathay in Teal (shade 07) and this morning succumbed to the temptation.



I've bought the yarn and pattern book to make this beautiful beaded sweater. Angel Yarns get my order as they have 10% offer this yarn atm - bonus!

To make up for my spending, I'm currently making a bag with a load of Icelandic Lopi I purchased from a charity shop around 2 years ago for £2 (we all love a bargain, right?!) I'm planning on felting it and giving it as a Christmas pressie (after showing it here of course) as long as it turns out ok.

I also have a decent amount of Wendy Sarto from a similar source, which is 80% wool, 20% bri-nylon. Do you think this would felt? I may have to knit up a small square to try it out. If it does, that's destined for another bag too.

2 comments:

Iris said...

I love the skirt - so pretty! I'm sure the sweater you are planning to make will look fantastic with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh My....I absolutely love that skirt. It is so adorable. I want one! And the sweater pattern you've chosen will be lovely ; )