Wednesday 1 November 2006

Bag it up

I’ve had some lovely comments on my French Market Bag, and it’s proving to be extremely useful. It holds an amazing amount of shopping, and is proving very capable in carrying a considerable weight very comfortably too! If you haven’t made one yet, I’d recommend it. In fact I think lots of people may be getting felted bags of one kind or another for Christmas this year!

Della – the bag is a natural off-white colour at the top and caramel underneath. I felted it in my front-loading Zanussi washing machine by running it through a 50 degree cycle twice with a pair of my corduroy trousers – my jeans were still clean from the Booga Bag felting… ;-)

More hot projects on the go.. I've been trying to upload pics of these for 2 days without success, so they'll have to stay that way until Blogger decides to behave again.

I’ve received the (incredibly short) 40cm Addi circular needle so that I can work the sleeve of the cropped lace aran cardigan in the round more easily. The
Magic Loop technique with a longer circular needle was getting cumbersome with the lace pattern, and I wasn’t enjoying it as much as I wanted.
The
Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn is gorgeous to work with; I just hope it holds out when being washed and worn.

My current on-the-fly project is a soft stripy scarf in my colours of the moment, which are tending to revolve around the blue-teal-green range. I’m using 2 Sirdar yarns –
Blur and Boa, so the end result is an airy kid mohair, acrylic, and nylon mix which is very soft.

My first New Year’s resolution has struck me too – write up more of my patterns instead of squirreling the bits of paper away in a folder to do later! That folder is getting way too full…

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Your French market bag is really beautiful, and it is still so biug after felting! Mine shrank considerably in the washing machine, and did not felt so regularly.
As I like your blog which I visited several times now, I linked you on my own little blog (http://maggiescrafting.blogspot.com) and I hope you don't mind. But if you want me to remove it, just drop me a line!
I am always delighted about visitors and if you like what you see, feel free to include me in your linklist! :-)
Happy crafting, Maggie