Sunday 1 July 2007

Busy bee!

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post- where does it go?! As a result this is a picture-intensive post - you have been warned!

Yesterday we took a trip over to Trago Mills at Falmouth and had a great couple of hours despite the rain.

Trago Mills is the most amazing store - a rabbit warren full of everything. I managed to get hold of a pair of bag handles - and some beads which were 59p per tube! I resisted the yarn on this trip..

Today we went to the open day at Llama Lland, just 5 minutes drive from us.

Here I am with my rapidly-growing DDs - see there are llamas behind us!

Note the wellies and coats - just what you need for this great British summer we're having.



Here's one of the ones in the pens - can't remember the names..

And here's a beautifully-coloured llama - showing off it's better side?!


I bought 2 bags of llama fibre, as I really fancy buying a drop spindle and having a little play at spinning some of it. Any tips anyone?

I also bought a 64g skein of hand-dyed handspun llama wool for £2!





I've been having another go at dyeing myself, and did these skeins on Friday.

There are 5 skeins of laceweight cashmere - soooo soft!


Also a couple of skeins of sock yarn - I played around to get some pretty good bark-like shades!

Oh yes and knitting.

The Wedding Bolero is progressing well - I can tell as my hands are starting to ache.

Both sleeves are finished and blocked, and the back is almost done too - should be finished tonight I reckon. Just a couple of small shaped fronts after that, plus an edging and beads. I'm really pleased so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph, amazing colours! I love them all but the bark is really special. I'll be int ouch, best wishes, Fiona (Yarnwise)

Knittings Nice! said...

Just love Trago mills always on our visit list when down that way. LLamas so cute.