Friday 31 August 2007

Frilly bamboo

We have frilly progress. :-)

The cardigan trim is done in 4 separate parts, so I only had to seam the shoulders before I could get stuck in - that makes me happy.

The cardigan now has a frilled trim on the back hem, and I think it looks lovely.

It's very easy to do; just an alternating K2tog, YO pattern done using 3 increasing sizes of needle, with a cast-on 2, cast-off 5 finish. Very effective.

On a health note, I had news this morning that all my ECG and blood test results are fine, which is great news.


That means that my recent palpitations and feeling unwell are down to stress and anxiety - not surprising really with the accumulation of events over the past 9 months.

So apart from my whopping bruise left from my last blood test (it started bleeding again as I got up to go, so we had to press hard on it) and a few panic attacks which I need to get under control, all is well - or can become so anyway.

I'm well impressed with the doctors and nurses at our local surgery - they were all prompt, thorough, encouraging, and really put me at my ease. We're very lucky to have such a great resource available.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Ooogh, I hate having blood taken. That would be enough to give me more anxiety. :) Glad to hear you're doing well!

The trim on the cardi is very nice!

Unknown said...

The bamboo is knitting up beautifully, looking forward to seeing the completed cardigan.
Glad to hear the palpitations are nothing serious, worrying at the time though.
We were talking about you today in Beatties, John came along and Fiona said you taught him to knit. He is now asking for help from Anita!

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on blog-reading after a couple of hectic weeks (ahem - make that months!) and I'm very glad to hear that your palpiations are not 'deeply' medical, if you know what I mean. Frilly is looking *great* - I may have to invest in that pattern myself. I'm wondering how it would 'adjust' to a non-tape yarn; I'm guessing the drape would be very different, especially on the edging. But then, I do have some tape in stash, so.... ;)