Tuesday 26 February 2008

Cosy cashmere

The cashmere scarf is finished - 3 months after starting - phew! To be fair though it was my work lunch-break knitting for most of its duration, so progress was slow.

The FO is very long - 100 inches long to be exact (that's over 8 feet long, or 2.5 metres!), and 6.5 inches wide.

I didn't really intend it to be quite this long, but didn't want to waste any of the yummy yarn either.

I used one skein (75g, 700m) of
The Knitting Goddess hand-dyed fingering weight cashmere in the Heather colourway.

On 4mm needles I cast on 58 stitches, followed Wendy's (very easy) Feather and Fan stitch until the yarn almost ran out, cast off, sewed the two ends in, and voila!
One fabulously soft and scrummy scarf. Just in time for spring. ;-)

2 comments:

Jules said...

Gorgeous! A hundred inches of cashmere scarf...I'm totally jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

Looksgorgeous.