Sunday 4 May 2008

Playing around

This week has flown past, mainly due to a poorly DD (better now thankfully). Lack of sleep really saps the days.

Last night I dabbled with some crochet necklaces.
First this one from a free pattern at Berroco. Hmm, not bad, but I don't think it would be really wearable in that yarn.

Next I had a go at a pendant necklace using a dichroic glass pendant purchased from ebay.

I crocheted the strap using some weird metallic bound wire-like cord stuff that I bought from the Knitting Show at the NEC a few years back. Why I didn't ask what it was I'll never know!

If you recognise it please tell me what it is called.

Still playing around with different designs and materials. More to show soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cool necklaces! What did you use to make the aqua blue one? I have only done bead crochet...and some bead knitting. I have some posted on my site, ladybug-knits.blogspot.com

KimT said...

love the jewelry and the crochet!

Kristy said...

I have a question. The pattern says this:
NECKLACE
Double Base Chain: With crochet hook, ch 2; insert hook into 2nd ch from hook (the first ch made) and work 1 sc; * insert hook into single vertical thread forming the LH side of the previous sc and work another sc. Rep from * until ch measures 19”.

I am wondering what "insert hook into single vertical thread forming the LH side of the previous sc" means. I have no idea how I would do that.