Monday 26 April 2010

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week


I came across this post about a blog week and decided to take part. Here's today's entry - I can't promise I'll do them all but I can try!

Day One - Starting Out
I really can't remember when I first started to knit. I can't remember ever NOT knitting! All I know is somebody must have taught me how to knit when I was little.

My great-aunt knitted constantly - mainly skintight acrylic sweaters for us kids or the most beautiful lace christening shawls. My nan knitted sometimes - she could do so many arts and crafts - she was my heroine, and who my one daughter is named after. :)  My mum could knit but never did as she didn't actually enjoy it. Can you imagine that! My mum and me have always been quite different. :)

As for crochet - my nanny taught me that when I was in my early 20s I think. I had tried before but gave up as it felt so awkward. I decided that I had to learn it as it would be such a shame if she passed on without me sharing the craft with her. 

I can't imagine not crocheting now. My nanny crocheted armchair covers, doilies, coasters and mats. I crochet anything but my favourite is beaded jewellery.

No comments: