Friday 30 April 2010

Location, Location, Location


Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - Day Five

I guess my favourite place to knit is my armchair. I've found that I need my arms to be supported but not restricted, so a wide armchair is ideal. Knitting on a chair without arms or a sofa for anything more than a few minutes makes my back and shoulders ache!

My crochet projects sometimes come with me to the beach - but only when I'm too cold to go in the sea! Knitting projects rarely do - there are usually too many interruptions to finish a whole row at a time. I find crochet is much more portable for that. 

I used to take knitting/crochet projects to the swimming baths while my kids had their lessons, but we're past that stage now. We're in the process of joining the local surf lifesaving club which I imagine will be much more hands-on!

The other great place to knit is in the car when we're going upcountry to visit my family - obviously I'm not driving! It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's great. I get several hours of knitting time without many interruptions as our DDs are busy watching the in-car DVD system or sleeping. Perfect!

*Note - Cushion cover from UK Etsy seller MariesCosyCushions - fab!

No comments: