Thursday 15 July 2010

We did it!


Yes, we did the Race For Life 2010 last Sunday and managed to finish it.

It's a mere 5km (3 miles) which is nothing for many fit people out there, but for me - having not done any form of excercise in quite a while - it was quite an achievement.

There was a great atmosphere on the day and the weather was perfect. 

We had great fun doing the warm-up exercises. I've never been part of such a large class before!

It wasn't easy trying to keep up with moves that we could barely see being demonstrated but we had fun anyway. :)

Then we were off to the start line! 

We jogged as much as possible (and walked the uphill bits) for 5km - more than I've ever done before in my life. 

The Truro course is very hilly and everyone was bunched up together in the narrow lanes to start with.

We staggered over the finish line just under 43 minutes later - woohoo! My face was as pink as my t-shirt but we had done it.

I'm so glad my friend Sue talked me into doing this with her. It's truly inspiring (and very emotional) reading the papers on people's backs saying why they're taking part. 

Stunning to think the cancer touches so many people's lives. Great to know we helped to raise money to find ways of helping anyone needing it.
Thank you to everyone who sponsored and supported us.

I'm happy to say that it has inspired my daughters too. Next year we're hoping to walk the Falmouth Race for Life with them, and run the Truro one again to see if we can beat this year's time.

Fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and well done, that's so ace! i sponsored my tai chi teacher to do the run - looking forward to her news too. i wish i was well enough to manage the walk for life but sadly, not yet... xx

Erika Price said...

What a fantastic achievement - well done!

Anonymous said...

well done!

M.F. Reads said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful event! Congrats!

~Melissa

Daisy said...

congratulations!

littlelixie said...

You rock!

Just letting you know my blog has moved from lixieknitsit.blogspot.com to http://lixiemakesit.blogspot.com