Thursday 2 September 2010

Bridal garter commission


I was recently asked by a neighbour to make a bridal garter for a relative of hers who is getting married. I've been meaning to crochet something like this for a while so this was a good kickstart!

I was given a length of plum satin ribbon and the leg size. Luckily I already had a pack of size 9/0 glass seed beads in the perfect matching shade. 

I used the same silk 4ply yarn that I have recently used to make the bridal accessories, and set to work with an idea in my head and my crochet hook in my hand.

About 7 hours later I had the finished bridal garter, incorporating the plum ribbon, some backup elastic, and 200 seed beads, all hand-threaded and crocheted in.

My neighbour is thrilled - I hope the bride is too!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

So pretty!

Rachael said...

No wonder she is thrilled...you did a great job. It's lovely.

Christine (Remember December) said...

Very nice!

Found your blog via Etsy forums :)

Jules said...

It's really beautiful - the bride will love it!