Tuesday 28 June 2011

Deflating!

I've been feeling very bloaty in my stomach in the afternoons recently and I think it's to do with eating commercially-made bread. 

This article in the Telegraph newspaper discusses the situation, and makes sense to me! 

So I'm having a few days of reduced bread intake to help reduce the discomfort. Here's a tasty bread-free quick lunch I made yesterday in a few minutes - Summer Pasta Salad:

  • Boil a handful of pasta bows for 10 minutes, drain and cool slightly by rinsing under cold water, then put in your serving bowl.
  • Stir in a handful of washed, shredded spinach leaves and leave for a minute to soften slightly.
  • Stir in a spoonful of sundried-tomato pesto and mix thoroughly. 
  • Add a handful of chopped yellow sweet pepper, a slice of cooked diced ham, and a few quartered cherry tomatoes.
  • Season and enjoy!

1 comment:

Erika Price said...

Looks delicious! Erika